Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finally..

Tonight, 475 days later... we saw Kayden Grace. Except now, her name is Kayden Elizabeth.
We arranged for us to meet them at books-a-million. We were there 30 minutes early, so once she got there, she saw our mom and ran to her. Which is a big improvement from when we saw her on her 4th birthday, a week after she was taken.
She's officially adopted. I do believe she's happy. She does ballet, (just like her big siser) she was in a pageant this past weekend, she's been to disney world and met all the princesses! She has two puppies that are "little so [she] can pick them up. but they do claw you!!"
She told us that she wanted to call daddy; Papa.
Mom; mimi.
Lauren;... Lauren, or Lala.
Tanner; Toe toe bigfoot.
And me; Hannah Cake. "Which is like a cake named Hannah!!!!!"
She remembered all the important things. Like who we were and how much we loved her. She remembered Hally (Our grandmothers dog), she half remembered, "that game we use to play when I was just one..?" (which I have no idea what she was talking about!!) But she remembered her special way to say I love you. From the time she was 8 months old, we'd show her how to say I love you with your fingers, and she'd hold her hands up, and with her middle finger she'd pull back her pointer finger (picture below). And this is the way she left our home. Telling us she loved us like she always had.
Right when we got there, my mom got her in her arms and took her by herself, and told her that she wasn't taken because she was bad, or because we didn't love her anymore, so I believe all is well.
At the end of the day, we told her it was time to go because she had school tomorrow.
"I don't wanna go to school." and she said she wanted to go home with us.
We didn't cry this time, and neither did she. Which is good.
And we're all okay, ya know, happy that we got to see her.
But it wasn't suppose to be like this. It wasn't suppose to be weekly visits.. She was suppose to be ours..
But I know God knows the bigger picture.
Here's some pictures from tonight.









1 comment:

  1. Awh, HK, I am crying! This is too sweet. And like you said, God sees the bigger picture, and his plan is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete