As I was driving home today I was overcome by how truly blessed I am. I mean, I have my problems, but who doesn't?
I went on a church retreat this past weekend. I can't begin to but words to what I felt there. I mean seriously, God's presence what so.. thick.
After service one night, my small group and I were suppose to be praying for each other. And we did, but as we began to tell each other what we wanted prayer for, we all started crying. Not just crying, but weeping. And we couldn't stop. We were heart broken over the lost, and those who couldn't experience what we had that weekend. It was a ugly kind of beautiful. The most vulnerable, exposed sort of beautiful.
But as I was driving home, listening to worship songs, so many things crossed my mind.
Why did I use to treat our Foster children the way I did?
When am I going to stop living the "when this happens then I'll really live for Him" sort of life.
Why do I always commit to something and tell Him I'll do something then do the exact thing I'd been doing before?
What if I were to die that day? What would I have done that was important with my life?
So many questions that I couldn't answer. And I still haven;t answered any of them. This post isn't an attempt to. But I found comfort in the words of this song.
No mountain, no valley, no gain or loss we know
could keep us from Your love. No sickness, no secret, no chain is strong enough
to keep us from Your love,
to keep us from Your love.
Nothing can separate us from His beautiful, magnificent love. No matter what I've lost, God's love is still there for me to grab hold of. No matter the sickness, or the chain I feel trapped to. God's LOVE is there.
How high, how wide...
No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands.
It's so rich. His love is unmeasurable.
I can feel a million miles away from Him, but healing is still in His hands. He still has the power to rid every hurt or stain from my life.
How deep, How strong...
And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands
"His power is made perfect in my weakness." I may be falling apart, but God's grace and healing hands are holding me together.
Our present, our future, our past is in Your hands
We're covered by Your blood
We're covered by Your blood
"Therefore, there is NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
I may have been someone I don't like, I may have done things I regret, but I know that I'm made new. That I'm covered in His blood!
In all things, we know that.
We are more than conquerors.
You keep us by your love.
You keep us by your love.
I can overcome. So many times I get home from an amazing retreat, from a weekend from being in the presence of the LORD Jesus, and I forget almost instantly what I just experienced. I forget everything I've learned or the promises I've made myself and the LORD.
But today, I know, that I'm more than a conqueror. I can overcome anything. I can do "all things through Christ Jesus". That I can do anything I set my mind to with the help of my Father.
I hope this encourages you as it has me.
And if no one else reads this, I'll be glad that I took the time to write it. Because I've found truth in this song and in His word.
Amen, Amen.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







This is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI admit, I havent been as open to the Lord as I should be.
But this really makes me want to come back to Jesus.
I realise, He does love me.
Thanks for writing this. It helped more than you'll know.